Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Taking a break

There was a segment on the Today show this morning about moms and their feelings towards motherhood and their children. Today Moms and Parenthood Magazine polled several mothers on several topics but one thing that came out over all were that mothers were tired and needed breaks. I'm a new mom. My son is only 5 months old. Saying that I need a break almost seems silly since I haven't been doing it very long and even thinking about a break, whatever kind of break, makes me feel guilty. I wanted a child and wanted to be a stay at home mom. Breaks are out of the question, right? Well, the segment helped me realize I wasn't alone and that its ok to need some "me time" every now and then. One big problem with that is that Kyle refuses to take a bottle. When I went back to work for a few weeks he would take both the bottle and breast, but now that I have been home with him all the time, he will not take a bottle anymore. I'm now trying to get him to take a sippy cup. I figure he'll be drinking juice or water from one soon enough so maybe he'll take breast milk from it. I've been trying to get him to drink from it a little bit every day. Hopefully he'll catch on sooner than later.  I don't want to go back to work, but a dinner alone with my husband one night would be nice. :)

We went to my dad's lake house last weekend with friends and family and had a good time. We spent a little more time in the water with Kyle and he seemed to love it! He splashed and kicked and smiled.


Jax came to play at the lake too!
 Kyle loves his LuLu

 Came home and wished Erica a Happy Birthday!!
 My beautiful blue eyed boy :)
 Kyle loves his Maverick (and Mav loves giving Kyle kisses!)
 King Kyle :)
 Kyle loves his cousin Nayeli too :)
 He has just about figured out this sitting up business
 He loves his bouncer 
 I tried giving him some avocados. He wasn't too sure about them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment