Tuesday, June 21, 2011

15 weeks 6 days

Wow, I really stink at keeping this updated. Truth is, I rarely get on the actual laptop anymore and check most internet things on my phone. But here goes, an update!

Kyle is almost 4 months old! Man, where does the time go?? He has the best personality and temperament. He smiles almost all of the time, even in his sleep, and he is laughing a lot too. I've found that he is very ticklish on his back, stomach and sides. He squirms, arches his back, and laughs. It's wonderful. His laugh and his smile are the best things in the world.
A few weeks ago, Kyle learned to roll over from his tummy to his back. He doesn't seem to enjoy tummy time all that much so I think he really enjoys that he can flip back over now. Sometimes it takes him a few minutes and other times he will just simply flip over as soon you place him on his tummy. 

He is learning to hold up his head better. I've sat him in his boppy chair a few times and he leans, but holds up his head. 

A few weeks ago, my niece Nayeli started staying with us during the day instead of going to day care. I think Kyle is really enjoying having constant interaction from her and it keeps me busy for sure! It's been a challenge to find activities around the house to keep her busy, but its working out pretty good. The public library has a few events there during the week that we started going to. She likes to read which I think is wonderful. I realized once she started coming here that I am more like my mother each and every day. She didn't want or let us sit in front of the t.v. all day, and I don't want Yeli to either. I'm glad she has a few books to read now. (Another activity my mother really encouraged us to do too.)

I'm so glad I'm able to be a stay at home mom. I love each and every day that I get to spend with my boy. For years I've wondered what my purpose in life was, and now I know that it is to be this sweet boy's momma. It's the best "job" in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment