Tuesday, March 13, 2012

12 months

To say things are busy around here with a 12 month old, yes, 12 month old, is an understatement. He isn't walking unassisted yet, but he will push anything that moves, including the end tables, to "walk" where he wants to go. I love watching him figure new things out each day.

I started weaning him from nursing this week. Sunday he only nursed three times and only twice yesterday. He is eating more table food every day and learning to drink cow's milk. He of course still prefers momma but he's doing great. It is bittersweet. The bonding time we have while nursing is something only I am able to have with him. That I will surely miss. I'm thankful that I have been able to nurse him this long. I always said I wanted to nurse him for a year and I was able to. Thank you, Lord. Now I pray daily that weaning won't be terrible for either of us and we can move on to the next chapter happily.

Here are a few snapshots of my big boy.










No comments:

Post a Comment